MINISTERING: DR D.M.TIKILI (GS WORLDWIDE)
TOPIC: THE NINE TESTS EVERY CHRISTIAN MUST FACE.
TEXT: 1 Samuel 30:1-11, James 1:2-4.
At one point or the other, a Christian passes through a test. It is either you are in the category of coming out of one, undergoing one or about to experience one.
Every Christian passing through a test must note the following points:
a. Know that it is only a test;
b. Know the type of test being experienced;
c. Know the characteristics;
d. Know the purpose of the test; and
e. Know the dangers of the test.
A careful reading of the Scripture reference of 1 Samuel 30:1-11, one can clearly see that David went through nine (9) tests and these tests are faced by all at one point or the other.
The NINE TESTS include;
1. The Wilderness Test.
2. The Time test.
3. The Failure test.
4. The Misunderstanding Test.
5. The Discouragement Test.
6. The Frustration Test.
7. The Self-will Test.
8. The Motivation Test.
9. The Servant Test.
CHARACTERISTICS OF TESTS.
1. They are Inevitable.
2. They are Continual.
3. They are Necessary.
4. They are Productive.
5. They are Influential.
6. They are crafted by GOD.
PURPOSE OF TESTS.
1. To reveal what we don’t understand.
2. To reveal applicable lessons to be learnt.
DANGERS OF TESTS.
1. People become worried and disillusioned.
2. People become distracted.
3. People become angry.
4. People become bitter.
5. People become hardened.
NOTE THAT your TEST PERIOD does not give you the license to sin and backslide. It gives you an opportunity to be closer to GOD.
We pray that GOD GIVES YOU THE STRENGTH TO OVERCOME EVERY TEST YOU ARE CURRENTLY PASSING THROUGH IN JESUS NAME. AMEN.
1. Let deliverance take place in my life in Jesus Name.
2. Every satanic agenda against my destiny, scatter in Jesus Name.
3. Every foundational bondage affecting my destiny, break in Jesus Name.
4. Every negative inheritance in my destiny, die in the Name of Jesus.
5. Every power that pursued my father and mother, I am not your candidate, die in the Name of Jesus.